HERIT-DATA 5th Project Steering Committee

HERIT DATA

Sustainable Heritage Management Towards Mass Tourism Impact Thanks to a Holistic Use of Big and Open Data

 5th Project Steering Committee 1-2/10/2019

Venue: NOVA School of Science and Technology (FCT NOVA)

Caparica – Portugal, Campus FCT, 2829-516 Caparica

The 5th Steering Committee of the HERIT-DATA have been held in Caparica-Portugal. Project counted on the full participation of project partners, for a total number of 25 attendees representing the 11 project partners and the LP (12 entities in total), including one external expert from DEX (assistance to the project), Lucia Cervilla Bordiù. The meeting was splitted in two days, the 1st and 2nd of October 2019.

Pedro Pereira from FCT NOVA welcomed the partners and introduced Professor Virgílio Cruz Machado, Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology of the New University of Lisbon (FCT NOVA), who warmly wished the project partners to have a successful meeting.

Pedro shortly presented FCT Nova Universidade Lisboa and recapped the agenda, leaving the floor to Lucia from DEX, the external financial advisor of Tuscany Region.

A joint presentation by Magali from Region Occitanie and Giulia from Avitem was performed. Magali shortly presented the Communication plan and Julie distributed the Communication toolkit which will help communication referents to perform the WP2 activities. A first update on the current social networks used by the project was given by Giulia. Giulia highlighted the importance that each partner promotes these pages in their own networks/countries.

WP3 studying was successfully closed in spring 2019 and was presented during the 5th SC by WP3 leader TCV. The floor was given to Daniel from FSMLR to talk about the last deliverables related to the WP. Being the deliverables produced quite technical, the documents will need to become more accessible for a non-technical audience in order to be better disseminated. Daniel explained the main steps of the work done during the last months, form ETIS and other indicators to Herit-Data tourism indicators. Next steps related to the link with WP4-Testing activities will include: transfer of knowledge to the platform, system based code generation, and more.

Claudia from CPMR started the presentation by saying that WP5 should focus more in the territories involved, while WP6 has a broader approach, for expanding the impact at MED level. The main activities will include the development of a mainstreaming model, in situ tailored study visits and the final conference and MoU.

Parallel workshops on WP2 and WP4

  • WP4 Testing (participant: Igor Kuvac)

The group went deeper in the tagging functions of the sentiment analysis and on the list of keywords to be monitored by the tool. To start with English, then the tool could be improved, but in doing so it has to be taken into account that at least 5000 tagged twitter are needed to have accuracy of this type of artificial intelligence. An overview of Snap4city platform was given to the attendees, form the point of view of a normal user. As work to do, TR will share among the partners a list of words related to the overtourism topic, in English, then each partner with a pilot will translate the list in its own language, so to speed the process of finding the right tags. The first version of the list could be defined in 2/3 weeks, by the 21st October 2019.

  • WP2 communication (participant: Isidora Karan).

The communication kit given by RO to the partners the day before was analysed during the workshop, where the role of each communication referent was well specified. The communication referents were asked to share events that can be related to the project with the communication team. About videos, it was explained that other than a one-minute video for each partner representative, a video with project basic information and contents will be created. Furthermore, each pilot has budget to  either create a video about the pilot (to detail the site area, the sensors used, the indicators measured, and so on) or about a technical component of the project. The meeting took place very quickly as Occitanie members had to leave shortly afterwards to catch their plane. As a result, members did not have time to discuss and to go through communication workshop agenda, and it was agreed that Occitanie will fix a call meeting in November. All communication members agreed that Communication should be part of the main sessions in the future (not a parallel Session), as all members attending SC should know of communication challenges.

It was agreed that next SC and working meeting will be hosted by PP10 Region of Western Greece in Patras. The dates have not been decided yet, but it will be in spring 2020.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s